Baja cuisine will be showcased once again when the unique oceanfront resort Rancho Pescadero and renowned Chef Rodrigo Bueno host the Best of Baja Culinary Weekend, Nov. 14-17, 2013.
This three-night, four-day gala of good tastes will showcase the gastronomy of both Northern and Southern Baja, featuring guest chefs Javier Plascencia of Finca Altozano and Mision 19, and Diego Hernández-Baquedano of Corazon de Tierra. The chefs will create locally inspired dishes using farm-fresh ingredients, and will share their culinary secrets and techniques throughout the weekend. In addition, the Best of Baja event will include cooking demos, classes, and a chance to savor some of Baja’s most acclaimed wines. Phil Gregory, whose Vena Cava vintages starred at last year’s G-20 summit in Cabo San Lucas, will reprise his success by offering wine tastings at the event, and pairing his wines at Chef Tasting Dinners.
Rancho Pescadero, just minutes from the artists’ colony of Todos Santos and a short drive from Cabo San Lucas, is arguably one of Mexico’s most unique resorts, with its 27 over-sized oceanfront suites that flout the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living. Each room is highlighted by palapa-covered patios, chaise lounges, luxurious bathrooms appointed with mosaic tile showers or sunken tubs and even the possibility of whale watching right from the soft comfort of bed. Dining is always a pleasure here, too, with the freshest Baja seafood and locally grown organic produce — so where better to wrangle Baja’s culinary talent in one big epicurean extravaganza!
Packages for the Best of Baja Culinary Weekend at Rancho Pescadero begin at $1002 per person, double occupancy (single occupancy rates start at $1344). The package includes:
• 3 nights’ accommodation
• Breakfast basket delivery daily (includes coffee, fresh fruit and
• Chefs’ Cooking class and demos
• Chef Tasting Dinners each night with wine pairings
• Cocktail tasting, Baja wine tasting, and tequila tasting events
• Sunday farewell brunch
• Welcome basket and amenities
RESERVATIONS: For reservations or additional information about the Best of Baja Culinary Weekend at Rancho Pescadero, call us toll-free at 1-855-BAJA-411 (855-225-2411).
Possibly Related Posts:
- Boutique Hotel Hacienda Cerritos for Sale
- Dates Announced for 7th Annual Open Studios in Todos Santos
- Rancho Pescadero Unveils New Slate of Guest Chef Weekends
- Vacation Oasis: CalyCanto Casitas in Todos Santos
- Have a Baja Moment! Explore the Cafes of Todos Santos