Surfing Playa Los Cerritos
Playa Los Cerritos is the most crowded spot on the west side of the Cape, due to the consistency of this wave. Playa Los Cerritos is a fun right point reef break with some sand bottoms. Playa Los Cerritos is a good wave to learn on except when a big swell hits. It does get cold there during certain times of the year so make sure you bring a full suit.
- Alternative Name: Cerritos
- Skill Level: Beginner to pro
- Best Season: Winter and Spring
- Crowds: Small crowds but growing
- Locals: Some
- Hazards: Rip currents
- Wave Type: Beach break
- Wave Direction: Rights and lefts
- Best Surf: Head high to double overhead
- Power: Mushy and fun
- Wave consistency: Regular consistency
- Bottom Type: Sand
Tides and Swells
- Best Tide: Any tide
- Wind Direction: Northeast and East
- Best Swell Direction: Playa Los Cerritos breaks on Winter Northwest swells.
Easy to Locate: Yes
Location: Turn off main road (Mexico 19). Head south of Pescadero surf camp, then head west to the beach, Los Cerritos is at the Km-64 mark.