Baja Fabulous Family Fun Adventure Week
This is a wonderful opportunity for family members of different generations to come together and enjoy some of life’s great adventures – from sea kayaking in the Sea of Cortez, to surfing in the Pacific Ocean, to hiking along the Pacific bluffs to snorkeling with Los Islotes’ sea lion puppies. There are plenty of alternate activities at different paces to appeal to all family members.
- Blue skies and perfect temperatures for fun pursuits in laid-back Baja
- Experienced, knowledgeable and fun Mexican guides who live in the area and love to share their favorite spots
- Sea kayaking the crystal blue waters of Balandra Bay in the Sea of Cortez
- Horseback riding on the beach at sunset
- Hike through wild canyons to a triple waterfall in the desert
- Surfing lessons at beautiful Los Cerritos Beach
- Mexican cooking class with local chef (dancing known to follow)
- Swimming with the Sea Lions at the famed sea lion colony of Los Islotes
- Releasing baby turtles into the sea (in season)
- Hike along the rugged, pristine Pacific coastline – breathtaking!
- Star gazing with Aztec and Mayan astrology myths
- Charming Todos Santos, artists colony, surfing hotspot and agricultural center; opportunities to enjoy meals at many of the town’s great eateries
Duration: 7 days
Airport: San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (SJD)
Arrive in San Jose del Cabo and transfer to the pueblo magico of Todos Santos. After moving into our lovely hotel rooms overlooking the sea, we’ll have a welcome dinner and briefing at the famed Hotel California.
Surfing! We’ll start off this great family vacation learning how to ride the waves at Los Cerritos, one of the best breaks in Baja. In the afternoon we’ll go horseback riding on some of Todos Santos’ 70 miles of pristine beach, then finish up the day with a Mexican cooking survival skills class – great fun!
Today we’ll hike through an incredible desert canyon featuring fantastic desert scenery and a picnic lunch. After a relaxing afternoon around the pool we’ll have a beautiful evening of bird stargazing with local astronomer followed by a dinner of great homestyle Mexican food in a lovely garden setting. Aztec, Mayan and Greek mythologies explored while exploring the skies.
Jacques Cousteau called the Sea of Cortez the aquarium of the world and we’ll start learning whey when we transfer to La Paz for a day of kayaking in a safe, secluded bay featuring mangrove swamps, magnificent rock formations and beautiful beaches. Picnic lunch on the beach.
Swimming with the Sea Lions! A truly incredible experience, snorkeling and playing with the sea lion pups at the permanent sea lion colony of Los Islotes. Picnic lunch on Isla Espiritu Santo.
We’ll enjoy a wonderful hike along the Pacific coastline with dramatic bluffs, crashing surf, and terrific scenery featuring sea lions, birds, whales and cactus. Picnic lunch on pristine, palm-ringed beach. An absolutely delicious farewell dinner will be prepared for us by local artist, sculptor and chef Michael Cope.
Return with wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.