San Felipe’s high months are from October through May. During this period, the city plays host to several big events, most of which take place on the malecon oceanfront boardwalk, with the main street of the town blocked off to through traffic. Here are a few stand-out events that take place in San Felipe.
- San Felipe Shrimp Festival This event, held the first weekend of November, focuses on the culinary aspects of the shrimp season (notably San Felipe’s famous blue shrimp) with a combination of tastings, music events, festivals and even Tequila samplings.
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament at El Dorado Ranch in October.
- Carnaval is held each year in spring, usually staged on the malecon.
- The Annual Blues & Arts Fiesta, held in March, 2012, at the Hotel Cortez, features top performers as well as arts and crafts, and regional foods.
- The Ceviche Festival is held in early September and offers tasting and pairing, featuring the bounties of the Sea of Cortez.
- Annual Cancer Walk, supported by the San Felipe AARP.