Loreto hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, focused on conservation, recreation, and local history. Here are a few of the most popular events:
- January: Grupo Tortuguero – the annual meeting of this environmental organization is Baja’s premiere conservation event.
- February- Whale Festivals
- April or May: Loreto Fest at Puerto Escondido is a maritime-themed event at the harbor with music, food, yard sale.
- June/July: The Loreto Dorado International Fishing Tournament is sponsored by the Vagabundos del Mar travel club, Fishin for the Mission tournament.
- August Fishing tournaments- Dorado
- October: Fundacion de Loreto – A celebration of the founding of the city of Loreto with parades and cultural events.
- November- Eco Alianza Fundraiser Dinner and Auction
- December 1-3: Mission San Javier fiestas celebrate the founding of the village just before the holiday season.