The La Paz food scene includes everything from trendy pizzerias and casual cafes to trend-setting chefs who are redefining what Baja cuisine is all about. You can find good Italian, French, sushi, Chinese, and of course traditional and contemporary Mexican fare.
Don’t leave La Paz without trying its famous seafood tacos. This city has some of the best budget friendly seafood restaurants scattered through the Malecón, where you can savor delicious deep fried battered fish, scallops, oysters, clams and shrimp tacos . For raw options, try fresh Chocolatas on the shell (a local variety of clams) and the Campechana cocktails (a mix of seafood bites). Another favorite are the sword fish empanadas.
- Tres Virgenes: Haute cuisine in the heart of downtown La Paz
- Rancho Viejo: Simply the best arranchera tacos around.
- Corazón Café: Traditional Comida Mexicana near the plaza
- Caffe Milano: Classic Italian, always a hit
- Buffalo Bar-B-Q: Steaks, burgers, and wine
- La Boheme: Traditional French fare in the city center
- Trocadero: Tapas and Baja wines
- Sushi Zone: Japanese/Thai fusion