Baja Forums

Full Version: Whale Sharks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Going to BOLA to hopefully dive with Whale Sharks! Will write a trip report when we get back!! Any advise would be great!
bola's a great place to go scuba diving and snorkeling! i went there with my family last year and we got to swim with whale sharks up close. you can even hire helicopters so they can direct your boat towards the area where whale sharks are found! that case you're sure to see and swim with whale sharks! although i know they are very gentle animals, it can still be a little intimidating swimming with such massive creatures!
i heard there are also times when colonies of hammerhead sharks and humpback whales come to baja and you can hire boats that will take you to areas where you can dive with these animals. i don't know what season they come though. does anyone here know?
hi i'm just new in this forum. hope i can meet a lot of cool, friendly people. i've been in baja several times for vacation, stayed in la paz and ensenada most of the time. the whales usually come during january until march i think. and during january and febuary they have gray whale festivals everywhere in baja. when i went to the puerto san carlos gray whale festival, they had all sorts of whale watching tours and underwater shows it was really fun
sounds great! does any know though if there are still lots of whale sharks, hammerhead sharks and gray whales in baja during winter months? it would really suck if we went there to see the whales and there arent any to be found. thanks a lot athan420!
WE got to see the Whale Sharks!

If you are in BOLA go see Ricardo, from Ricardo's Diving. We must have spent 2 hours with whale sharks, and then on to a sea lion colony. It was a great day! While at the sea lion colony we saw 5 fin whales. they were huge!!

I think that the whale sharks move on about this time of year, I could be wrong, but I don't think that they are there in the winter months.
Quick Question:

I have been reading a lot about whale sharks, and itching to see them up-close. Do any of you know any place or resort that offers close encounters with these fine creatures? thanks in advance.
you should try la paz in baja california sur cause they have plenty of diving tours offered there. east cape too. you can anchor of almost every city and town along the sea of cortez to find whale sharks. hope this helps!
skyscrapress Wrote:you should try la paz in baja california sur cause they have plenty of diving tours offered there. east cape too. you can anchor of almost every city and town along the sea of cortez to find whale sharks. hope this helps!

Well thanks. You've been so helpful.
bahia de los Angeles, is where we went snorkeling with them, saw fin whales as well. If you go there go to Ricardo's he is a great tour guide.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's