Current time: 12-20-2014, 02:29 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
biggest catch you've made?
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
biggest catch you've made?
fishing in baja is really great. what's your biggest catch? come on guys, time to show off!

who rules the baja seas? lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
RE: biggest catch you've made?
i caught a 250+ lbs dorado off la paz bay once. well i sort of caught it anyway, i had the sucker hanging on my line for more than 30 minutes until the line finally broke off and it swam away. hahaha the biggest i've caught next to that failed attempt was around 3 feet long and a little on the skinny side! cant wait to make use of my mexican fishing license again since mine will expire by the end of the year.
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
to say that i'm not very good at sports fishing would be an understatement! all i ever catch are really small fishes, nothing worth bragging about. I haven't tried fishing in baja though, and i heard there's plenty of great fishing sports there. maybe i'll have some luck the next time i come to baja! hope anyone here would be kind enough to give out fishing advices! Big Grin
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
sounds like there are plenty of big fishes in baja! are there annual sports fishing tournaments and competitions too? where? Big Grin
10-20-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm glad you asked...last sunday my husband and an amigo from San diego went fishing. Even though it was windy here in Asuncion, they deserved a break from working on our friends new casita he bought here....so they headed up to San Pablo but got frustrated pullling in one bonita after another plus it was getting rougher and windier so they decided to head home...just north of San Roque at Cerro Plomo, they decided to try trolling along the beach and WHAM...a real big fish hit Juan's 9" red and white rapalla. He knew it was big but was super happy when he landed the "fatty"...it turned out to be a record yellowtail in these parts 48.5 pounds!!! The winning fish in the last Bisbee's tournament here was only 42 pounds! Lots of our family, friends and pets dined on this big boy and Juan is a very happy & proud fisherman.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  juanytsm.jpg (Size: 43.39 KB / Downloads: 4)
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
that sounds great blowhole! is that an annual events in san pablo?
03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
i finally caught a fish in baja which is large enough for me to post a picture of! hahaha i dont know what fish it is though Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.jpg  fish caught.jpg (Size: 44.78 KB / Downloads: 4)
04-06-2008, 08:09 AM

.jpg  Table Dance.jpg (Size: 302.2 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg  BD ALbies.jpg (Size: 415.9 KB / Downloads: 5) hey everyone,

I could possibly answer your quistions. I am hard core and have been in the western outdoor news magazine 9 times, front page once, and have won 2 fishing tournements in San Quintin Baja. Also captain of a sportsfing charter in Ensenada for 2 years.

Applemachine great story but dorado do not get so big. 3 feet long maybe 25 to 30 lbs. the record is just over 100lbs i have several hundred under my belt with my biggist being 85lbs and it was 5'6" long. The bull male have a hump on there heads and the female is more streamline. Both are very colorfull and jump allot. and commonly found under floating debris..
04-06-2008, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2008 08:16 AM by bajagypsy.)
San Roque (which is by Bahia Asuncion), is where my husband spear fished a huge halibut that feed 15 people! I was a very proud esposo!!!

[Image: toddfish2.jpg]

We are short little Mexican's trapped in tall skinny white man bodies...very sad and Cold in Canada.
04-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Very Nice Butt!!!!