Current time: 12-22-2014, 08:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
baja surfing baby!
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
baja surfing baby!
just came back from a trip to Ensenada and it was great! the place has sooo many great surfing spots we had to extend our stay in order to have a decent baja surfing experience. San Miguel beach would have to be my favorite though! they have amazing tube waves which you could ride into and it's great for shortboard surfing too! there are some spots with sea urchins and jagged rocks though so i suggest you bring something to cover your feet when you go there. we might try todos santos next time we come surfing in baja.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2007, 04:48 PM
RE: baja surfing baby!
i've tried surfing in todos santos a couple of times and i recommend you try san pedrito surfing break. its somewhere south of todos santos, near pescadero. there are killer waves there and not too much of the crowd since the break is for experienced surfers. happy surfing!
09-14-2007, 05:42 PM
if i'm just a newbie in surfing, where should i start learning to surf? like which beach? thanks!
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2007 03:34 PM by rafe_fajardo.)
Big Grin RE: baja surfing baby!
There are some beaches in todos santos which offer surfing lessons. The Playa Los Cerritos and Palm Beach are good bets if you're really interested. The approximate cost could probably be $50 to $60. Well, im not quite sure right now. Its been 2 years since i have visited todos santos.
09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
woooohooo! surfing is great in Todos Santos! if you're looking for teh perfect place to wipe out, this is teh best, man. teh waves are killer. The Triad will definitely go back and surf any chance we've got.
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
rafe_fajardo Wrote:There are some beaches in todos santos which offer surfing lessons. The Playa Los Cerritos and Palm Beach are good bets if you're really interested. The approximate cost could probably be $50 to $60. Well, im not quite sure right now. Its been 2 years since i have visited todos santos.

Cool! Thanks, rafe! Big Grin
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2007 03:57 PM by nimrod_11.)
Cool RE: baja surfing baby!
Hey, im new here. Nice to meet you all. Quick question though, is it still ok to surf and explore the beaches of baja this season? I mean its autumn already. Wouldnt it be too cold?
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM
nimrod_11 Wrote:Hey, im new here. Nice to meet you all. Quick question though, is it still ok to surf and explore the beaches of baja this season? I mean its autumn already. Wouldnt it be too cold?

hi nimrod! about your question, baja has a Mediterranean climate so i dont think there is ever a season wherein its too cold for swimming and beach hopping. its almost always sunny there, i think they experience 300 days of warm sunny days a year. winter season might bring a little drizzle now and then, but i wouldn't be too cold to enjoy the beaches Smile
09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey nimrod. Smile Mexico's got the perfect weather for all-year surfing! the weather's really mild, so you'll still have a blast vacationing in Baja! Big Grin

Are you planning to go surfing soon? Smile
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
hey nimrod! welcome to the thread! Big Grin you should definitely come to baja, even on winter cause the place is not as crowded as during summer. there are lots of great beaches to surf so you should come and bring your friends! surf's up!