Current time: 12-22-2014, 06:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
baja restaurant reviews
02-26-2008, 08:55 AM
RE: baja restaurant reviews
El Rey Sol is a really amazing French fusion restaurant in Ensenada. I ate there a few weeks ago and had the "Baja Style Calamari." It was excellent!

http://www.ensenadaexperience.com/ElReySol/

Geoff Hill
Mexico Insurance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
hahaha! alright, i'll buy two dozen Yakults before bringing her out to eat at a streetside restaurant! i just find it really tempting to go buy something in baja especially when you pass by a road side stall and they're grilling or steaming something and it smells great. lol! thanks for the tip yaesu! Big Grin
02-28-2008, 06:32 AM
We do the same, if there is a taco stand with a bunch of locals standing around eating, we will pull over and eat, have yet to get sick, or have a bad meal!

We are short little Mexican's trapped in tall skinny white man bodies...very sad and Cold in Canada.
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Just ate at a great new restaurant in TJ yesterday called La Carniceria. It is in the Rio Zone - Blvd. Sanchez Taboada No. 10488. As the name implies, there is a lot of meat on the menu. It is a lot more upscale than I expected and the service was excellent. I had New York steak tacos...which had amazing flavor!

Geoff Hill
Mexico Insurance
03-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Another great spot in T.J. is Casa del Mole. As you would expect, the mole is excellent. They have one restaurant in the Rio zone in T.J. and one in Playas. The chilaquiles with scrambled eggs are amazing for breakfast!

Geoff Hill
Mexico Insurance
05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
heads up baja people, they've added a new city guide for tecate here at baja.com. i've already read the one about tecate dining and i didn't know they had really nice bakeries there. ive passed by tecate once and ate at a inn where they have really nice soup and chicken dishes. all home made too. they also brag about a kind of french bread ripe off which was supposedly better than those in france. tastes good but i would say it was better than french bread in france since there's some differences i cant point out specificaly. must be because of difference in ingredients or that mexican feel to it. hope more people join in on this thread cause its fun taking about food in baja. adios! Smile