Renowned Chef Johnny Iuzzini, the TV show judge of Top Chef Desserts and former Executive Pastry Chef of Jean Georges Restaurant in New York, will be working some magic in the kitchen at Capella Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas. Chef Iuzzini will join celebrity chefs Kent Rathbun (Abacus, Jasper’s and Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen in Texas), Marco Bustamante (Capella Pedregal’s Executive Chef) and Kevin Rathbun (Rathbun’s and Kevin Rathbun Steak & Krog Bar in Atlanta, GA) to participate in the resort’s wine and food festival, A Taste of Capella.
Guests will be treated to five unforgettable days tasting exquisite cuisine and taking part in educational gastronomical experiences. Activities include cooking demonstrations; wine and cheese tastings; 5-course dinner; parties on the beach with chef-prepared food stations, and more.
The resort offers a 5 day package that includes:
- Four Nights and Five Days in the Room or Suite category of your choice
- Full Breakfast each morning in signature restaurant Don Manuel’s
- Welcome Wine and Cheese Tasting Reception Under the Stars with the Celebrity Chefs and the Cheese Maker
- Four Cooking Demonstrations throughout the weekend, one with each Celebrity Chef
- Two Wine Tastings with amazing Mexican wines
- Party on the Beach with each of the Celebrity Chefs preparing a Food Station
- Five Course Dinner with one course prepared by each Celebrity Chef
- After Party with the Celebrity Chefs including live music
- Round Trip Airport Transfer to and from the Cabo San Lucas Airport
- Welcome Bottle of Taittinger Champagne
- Gift Bags with products from each Chef and Sponsors of the event
- Nightly Turndown Gifts
Pricing starts at US$3,475.00
Food & Wine Festival – Individual Event Passes
Individual event passes are also available for purchase:
Wednesday July 11, 2012 at 7:00pm
Wine and Cheese Tasting
$129.00 per person
Overlooking the views of the Pacific from our El Farallon Terrace, enjoy an opportunity to meet each of the guest chefs while tasting a selection of Mexican cheeses and selected wines from the Caymus Winery and Adobe de Guadalupe Winery. Spanish Flamenco music and dancers will add to the festivities.
Thursday July 12, 2012 at 7:00pm
Gourmet Beach BBQ
$220.00 per person
Each chef will have his own station preparing specialties for the BBQ on Pedregal Beach. Signature cocktails and selected wines will be featured as will the Latin music from Francisco Alatorre.
Saturday July 14, 2012 aat 7:00pm
Grand Finale Dinner
$290.00 per person
Join in the grand finale to the weekend’s events by enjoying a five-course dinner with each course expertly prepared by the Master Chefs. Served in Don Manuel’s Restaurant, each course will be accompanied by selected wines, Tattinger Champagne, Caymus Winery, and Adobe de Guadalupe Winery. Music and dancing under the stars to the music of the Capella All Star Band to follow the dinner.
The official date for this event has been announced. The A Taste of Capella will take place July 11th through July 15th, 2012. However, events’ dates and schedules are subject to sudden change and cancellation. Please confirm with the event organizer before booking your trip.
For help with your travel planning please do not hesitate to call Baja.com, toll free (US/CAN) 855-BAJA (2252)-411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach one of our expert travel agents.