contact us

Fairs, Festivals, and Fiestas: April Events in Baja

Fairs, Festivals, and Fiestas: April Events in Baja

The top April events in Baja California showcase some of the peninsula’s signature attractions, from local arts and crafts and the Cabo party scene to fresh regional seafood and the world-class wines now being produced in Valle de Guadalupe.

But star billing goes to the Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race. Since 1948, sailors and celebrities have competed in “the world’s largest international yacht race,” a 125 nautical mile journey from Newport Beach to Ensenada, with post-race parties and activities rounding out the memorable weekend.

There are hundreds of local events that can be found on Baja.com. The following represent some of our favorite selections.

Event dates and details are subject to sudden change and cancellation. Please confirm with the event organizers before booking your trip.

April Events in Baja

Los Barriles:  21st Annual Art Festival

When: April 13

The 21st annual Art Festival, or Festival de Artes, features original artwork from regional artists at the Hotel Palmas de Cortez in Los Barriles, on the East Cape of Baja California Sur. The yearly fiesta cultural also offers food, drinks, live music, and dancing.

Cost: Free admission 

April Events in Baja

Cabo San Lucas:  Semana Santa at Nikki Beach

When: April 17-20

Celebrate Semana Santa and the end of Lent with four days of partying at the famed Nikki Beach club, home to the hippest and hottest poolside scene on Medano Beach. Enjoy fun in the sun with great dance music from an international cast of DJs, as well as fine food and high-end bottle service.

Cost: $88-290

April Events in Baja

Loreto:  The Great Loreto Yellowtail Tournament

When: April 24-26

Anglers compete for over $10,000 U.S. in cash and prizes at this yearly fishing contest, with 80 percent of the purse going to winners in the yellowtail division, and the remaining 20 percent to top teams in the cabrilla and pargo division. There will also be a “casting for accuracy” challenge open to both children and adults, as well as other fun activities and events.

Cost: $400 per team

April Events in Baja

Ensenada:  Shellfish and New Wine Festival

When: April 25-27

The highlight of this three-day food and wine fête is the final tasting, where guests enjoy fresh local shellfish courtesy of some of the best chefs and restaurants in Ensenada, and taste from a selection of 80 wines from 40 different producers in Mexico’s premier viticultural area, Valle de Guadalupe.

Cost: $30-70

April Events in Baja

Ensenada:  67th Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race

When: April 25-27

Billed as the world’s largest international yacht race, this maritime contest and social extravaganza sees participants compete in over 50 trophy categories during the 125 nautical mile sail from Newport Beach, California to Ensenada, Mexico.

Cost: $125-225

Baja.com is a comprehensive online source of first-hand travel information for the Baja California Peninsula, supported by a full-service tour operator staffed by Baja locals (our “Baja Travel Savants”). We offer Baja travelers expert advice about local restaurants, hotels and vacation rentals, as well as guides, maps and articles about events, sports and activities. We provide bilingual customer support, information and sales seven days a week, 365 days a year.  For more information, please call toll-free (US/CAN) 855-BAJA-411.

Enhanced by Zemanta
About Chris Sands

Chris Sands is the author of Bohemia by the Bay, and writes about wine, golf, and travel for publications such as Baja.com, Los Cabos Guide, Los Cabos Magazine, 10 Best, and USA Today. He is a full-time resident of Cabo San Lucas.

Speak Your Mind

*