The Famous Seven Sisters
The famous Seven Sisters, area of Baja has probably some of the best surf you will find anywhere. The famous Seven Sisters, which is a series of right point breaks that stretch from Punta Cono all the way to Punta Rosarito, “The Wall.” The winter winds create an upwelling in the water, making these perfect points freezing; the water temperature is sometimes as much as 10 degrees colder than San Diego. At famous Seven Sisters, it is not rare to see guys in 4mm suits, with booties; you may even see guys in hoods. Some of these waves are being threatened by recent Mexican Planned Harbors, so if you want to surf these perfect breaks you better not wait.
• Punta Cono. Punta Cono is a right point break that breaks best on Winter West swells.
• Punta Maria. Punta Maria is a right rock reef point. Punta Maria needs a strong West or Northwest swell.
• Punta Lobos. Punta Lobos is a really good right point reef break. Punta Lobos needs a West or Northwest swell.
• Punta Negra. Punta Negra is good right point reef break. Punta Negra needs a West or Northwest swell.
• Punta Rocosa. Punta Rocosa is a right rock reef point. Punta Rocasa needs a strong West or Northwest swell.
• Punta Santa Rosalillita. Punta Santa Rosalillita is a perfect right point break. Best on a big West. To get completely away from the crowds head to Bahi Santa Rosalillita, which begins after the point. Here you will find a bunch of reefs with no one in site.
• Punta Rosarito. Punta Rosarito or sometimes refered to as The Wall is located 18 miles south of Punta Santa Rosalillita. Punta Rosarito is a consistent right point break that takes most swells, but The Wall breaks best on a West and Northwest. The Wall is Legendary for its power and size.